Monday, May 4, 2009

Fight Collectivism

Whew! The Skirt finished "Atlas Shrugged" over the weekend. Actually, I still have one chapter to finish, "This is John Galt Speaking." I'm not sure I can get through it. (Sorry) I was thinking John Galt was this attractive man of action and few words until I came up on that chapter. Yes, "Atlas Shrugged" is a long book, yes some of the male characters lean toward hysteria and you can get a little uncomfortable reading it, and yes, at times it's old-fashioned and strange up against our technologification, but there is a reason people are discovering it again after all these years, it's still relevant. If you are still on the fence about what intrusive governmental policies and misguided press and citizenry can do to your God given liberties read Ayn Rand's novel. See what can happen when people don't speak up and fight back. Humans are here on earth to pursue their individual rights to live and acquire property. Think about it.

No comments: